What supports and services do you or your family need to achieve and maintain well-being?
All people experience stress at some point in their lives whether related to job loss, becoming a new parent or supporting aging parents, finding housing, help putting food on the table, assistance with emergency home repairs, or dealing with on-going issues like depression. Human services support people experiencing these types of stressors, so they can maintain well-being and quality of life. Communities are healthier and stronger when people have access to the services that they need.
A Supportive Community For All (SCFA) is a coalition of service providers looking to strengthen community connections and coordinate human services across the Snoqualmie Valley. Your feedback will be used to develop a Needs Assessment, which will be used by SCFA to determine how they can better support Health and Human Services over the next few years.
Please help us identify community needs by taking the survey by February 8, 2019.
A Supportive Community For All will strengthen community connections by building an inclusive coalition of service providers and key community stakeholders around a shared vision of coordinating human services to better meet the core needs of community members.
The coordination of human services is inhibited by the Valley's rural geography, which renders travel to services difficult (round trip from Duvall to North Bend is 46 miles) and by a lack of capacity (Valley cities are challenged with human services funding in 2018 for its population of approximately 56,900). As a result, the Valley's most vulnerable remain at the margins of the community, unable to access the health, housing, and economic opportunities that currently exist.
What the grant will support
Phase One: Collaboration (Year 1)
- Develop strategies for engaging different cultural groups in the process
- Engage community & stakeholders through a kick-off event
- Compile current data & conduct community assessment to identify needs, assets, gaps & capacity
- Assemble impact groups around one or more identified gaps to develop appropriate solutions
- Build the capacity of associated stakeholders & community members through workshops, trainings, and information sharing sessions
Phase Two: Implementation & Continued Planning (Year 2)
- Develop a plan for implementation of solution(s)
- Develop budget for implementation & operations relating to solution(s)
- Seek additional funding to support implementation & sustainability
- Continue to refine plan proposals & enlist partners and stakeholders
- Implement the proposed solution(s)