are you curious about the results of the a supportive community for all community needs assessment?
You are invited to join the A Supportive Community For All Work Group and others from throughout the Snoqualmie Valley at the Key Leaders Summit being held at the Snoqualmie Valley Alliance Church on August 12th from 8:30am-12:00pm. The Key Leaders Summit will showcase findings from the completed Community Needs Assessment (CNA) of the Snoqualmie Valley. The CNA covers both Snoqualmie Valley and Riverview School District geographic areas. Please register for this free event at www.kls2019.eventbrite.com.
A Supportive Community For All will strengthen community connections by building an inclusive coalition of service providers and key community stakeholders around a shared vision of coordinating human services to better meet the core needs of community members.
The coordination of human services is inhibited by the Valley's rural geography, which renders travel to services difficult (round trip from Duvall to North Bend is 46 miles) and by a lack of capacity (Valley cities are challenged with human services funding in 2018 for its population of approximately 56,900). As a result, the Valley's most vulnerable remain at the margins of the community, unable to access the health, housing, and economic opportunities that currently exist.
What the grant will support
Phase One: Collaboration (Year 1)
- Develop strategies for engaging different cultural groups in the process
- Engage community & stakeholders through a kick-off event
- Compile current data & conduct community assessment to identify needs, assets, gaps & capacity
- Assemble impact groups around one or more identified gaps to develop appropriate solutions
- Build the capacity of associated stakeholders & community members through workshops, trainings, and information sharing sessions
Phase Two: Implementation & Continued Planning (Year 2)
- Develop a plan for implementation of solution(s)
- Develop budget for implementation & operations relating to solution(s)
- Seek additional funding to support implementation & sustainability
- Continue to refine plan proposals & enlist partners and stakeholders
- Implement the proposed solution(s)
How can you get involved?
Please contact our Project Coordinator Suzy Berger to find out more...